Sorry, this position has been filled
Unfortunately, the job you searched for is no longer vacant. However, we are always pleased to receive unsolicited applications and we may still have the right position for you within our organization.
Head of SEO
21 July 2023
Driversnote is a product-centric and profitable SaaS company based in the heart of the Copenhagen startup scene. We take pride in helping more than 1,9 million users in over 50 countries keep a mileage logbook. No one likes to do mileage documentation - so we try to remove this tedious work and make our customers’ work life simpler by saving them time and money.
We’re 28 people doing design, mobile- and web-development, marketing, support, and customer success in close collaboration.
You’ll be joining a small dedicated marketing team (5 full-time and 1 part-time), that’s primarily focused on search marketing. The SEO team currently consists of a content writer and a search marketing specialist. Our success so far has to a large extent been based on our ability to rank in the app stores and by doing paid marketing. Through the last year, we have put more attention on SEO resulting in very positive results. We now want to double down on that and are looking for a person to own this channel and take it to the next level.
We see SEO as one of the big growth opportunities for Driversnote over the next years. Our expectations are high! But we don’t expect you to do it alone. You’ll work closely together with some very experienced colleagues that you can learn alot from. We’re currently also looking for a full time copywriter to join the team - that we expect you to collaborate closely with. And within 6-18 months we also expect you to start building a small team purely focusing on SEO.
We are currently focusing our efforts on the English-speaking markets. But in total, we have 9 localised domains on which we’ll eventually also want to focus our SEO efforts. As well as launching in new markets.
You will own the area of organic search in Driversnote. Your goal will be to drive user signups through search engine optimization which should lead to sold subscriptions. In the first year, your focus will be on the English-speaking markets where you will set the strategy and eventually build a team around this. In the second year, we expect to start efforts in other markets.
You’ll work with:
- Analysing and identifying opportunities based on data. Researching keywords and topics and connecting these with content we want to build.
- Setting and continuously refining a multi-market content strategy. Experimenting with different tactics in some markets and then rolling the successful ones out in multiple markets.
- Take charge of coordination and production of quality content using internal writers while also building a network of external subject matter experts and general writers.
- Linkbuilding. We need repeatable processes for reaching out and engaging with domain authorities to ensure backlinks to our content. At the same time, we of course also need to ensure that our content is highly linkable.
- Making sure the content converts visitors to users of Driversnote – in close collaboration with the Product Team. E.g. by experimenting with different CTAs to target both the top and bottom funnel to increase conversion rates.
- Building a process for continuously monitoring our organic search rankings across the globe, measuring the results of our efforts, and adjusting our strategy accordingly.
We expect you to:
- Have at least 5 years of experience with search engine optimization and have worked with all the areas mentioned above. Preferable in a multinational setup.
- Be highly analytical, structured and committed to a data-driven approach to your work.
- Are used to working with and analysing data (we use a lot of time in BigQuery and DataStudio).
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication/writing skills. The bulk of our work is written so it’s essential that you have the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Have experience with managing projects and are used to juggling different priorities.
Look here for bonus points:
- You have built and managed a network of content writers in the past.
- You have experience with SQL, Data Studio (Looker) or BigQuery.
- You have worked with localising content - for example writing in British English and American English.
- You have worked in a SaaS company before and are familiar with the key metrics (MRR, CAC, CLV, churn etc).
What we believe in
Vision & mission: We work to eliminate work-life hassles to let people focus on what matters. Today, that means removing the pain and trivial work of handling mileage, while providing peace of mind that nothing is forgotten and all rules are followed.
Product-led: We focus our work on the end-user and optimise for bottom-up adoption. People's use of our product is what leads to our growth. We sell through our product and as self-service. We invest in customer success instead of outbound sales. Our marketing is focused on people with a need, leading them to the product.
Lean & data-driven: We try to get a deep understanding of the problems we’re solving. But we also acknowledge that we often can’t predict the outcome of our work. So we believe in an experiment-based approach to product development with short build-measure-learn cycles. For this reason, we also don’t believe in detailed plans for more than 3 months ahead.
Long-term & compounding: We invest in things that will have a continuous return and compound. We e.g. prefer a 1% improvement of activation rate over a €100k deal. We’re self-funded, so we don’t stress about the next funding round, and take the time to go into depth with our work.
What we offer
At Driversnote you will be part of a team composed of talented people that are fun to be around. You will have ample opportunity to influence decisions at all levels, and we hope we can both teach you something and learn something new from you. We have a new spacious office on Skelbækgade where we enjoy a great freshly cooked lunch every day, as well as networking and partying with other startups when times allow. Since many of us have spouses and kids that we enjoy spending time with, we can honestly say that we offer a healthy work-life balance along with a competitive salary and all the benefits you would expect.
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Head of SEO” and tell us why you’re the one for us. Please share your CV and if you have any examples of past work we should see. For further information, please contact Kristian Toft Brusvang (+45) 20 40 32 37.
We look forward to hearing from you!